Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Avengers








A slight side step into the 60s and the world of The Avengers.
Like so much of my work I had the initial idea for Steed
many months ago and sculpted the head there and then. One of the difficulties in finishing the custom was in finding the right material to make the suit from, and of course the flower in his button hole.
The umbrella and hat were made from scratch.

Mrs Peel was entirely the reverse as I had the material but not yet sculpted the head.
Thanks to the response at the
Mego Talk forum to the Steed custom I finished the sculpt on Mrs Peel and then her catsuit. These figures are featured as Custom of the Week on Mego Talk so my thanks to Dave Mc
for spotlighting my work once again.
Both boxed figures are currently listed on eBay.



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home